Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas!







Christmas with Hayden was the best year yet! I only wish Scott would have been here to experience everything but not to worry...I video taped everything so that he could watch it when he gets home! Grandma spent the entire week with us and oh we had so much fun! She was also a HUGE help! I don't know what I would have done without her! Christmas Eve, her and Hayden made Christmas sugar cookies from scratch. I made the icing from scratch and Hayden and I were in charge of decorating the cookies. After we got done, we picked one out especially for Santa along with a cup of milk. Hayden was so excited I thought he would never fall asleep! Before we knew it, it was Christmas morning and Hayden was waking us up bright and early. It seemed like it took forever for Hayden to get all of his presents open but he was so excited and thankful for each gift Santa brought!

We were disappointed to have missed all of the celebrations that day at Grandma Shirley's in Camden. We will be there next year for sure! Hayden, Grandma, and I had a wonderful Christmas dinner and it was a very relaxing day and evening at home. We missed Daddy so much that day! We're already looking forward to next Christmas when Daddy can be here along with baby Logan! We hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

The Clarks said...

I'm so glad yall had a wonderful Christmas and know next year will be even more special! Oh and I love the name:)

LOLLY said...

I love the name too...What a sweet Christmas..and those cookies looked fantastic...mine never look that pretty!